Confession: I am a hoarder. Not to the point where I’m going to be featured in half an episode of the TV show but the definition definitely fits.
One of the (many, many) things in my hoard is books, specifically Art Journals. Amongst these are also some “writing journals” or writing workbooks, but since they look similar to their visual art counterparts, I keep them grouped in together.
Art journalling is a style of art that can be described as freestyle scrapbooking. It can use almost any medium and any level of skill or structure. Art Journals often provide prompts or inspiration to help guide the process, but it can be done with anything from a blank notebook to a photo album! Wreck This Journal is probably the most well recognized of these books, but there are countless and so much online inspiration for anyone who wishes to give it a try. I wholeheartedly recommend it!
I briefly showed all my art journals in a vlog I did in late 2015 when someone requested to see the different art journals I own. It’s been awhile since then, so because I’ve added a couple more and I’ve never done an official dedicated video, I felt it was time!
The video below shows my whole collection if you’d like to check it out!
Here are all the books listed individually with links to where you can pick (most of) them up!
- Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith
- Wreck This Journal Everywhere by Keri Smith
- Wreck This Journal: Now in Colour by Keri Smith
- This Is Not a Book by Keri Smith
- Mess by Keri Smith
- Pocket Scavenger by Keri Smith
- Everything is Connected by Keri Smith
- The Guerrilla Art Kit by Keri Smith
- How To Be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith
- The Imaginary World Of… by Keri Smith
- Finish This Book by Keri Smith
- Anti-Journal by David Sinden and Nikalas Catlow
- Post This by David Sinden and Nikalas Catlow
- 1 Page At A Time by Adam J. Kurtz
- Pretty Pink Smashbook
- Black Smashbook (no longer available?)
- Q&A A Day
- Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You by Robie Rogge
- The List, Dreams, Passion and Faith by C.R. Gibson
- List Yourself (2017 Edition) by Ilene Segalove and Paul Bob Velick
- Gotta Be Me
- Ready, Set, Novel! by Lindsey Grant
- 642 Things to Write About
- 712 More Things to Write About
Thanks so much for checking out this post! Do you own any of these? Which is your favourite? I’d love to hear from you!