The time has come again:
It’s time to trade in five black pots from Lush to get that free fresh face mask! If you’d like to check out all the posts in this little series, they’re available HERE and all my empties posts (including my normal empties (products that aren’t from Lush/ products that are from Lush but aren’t in black pots), are available HERE.
So here are all the black pot products I’ve used up this time around!
- Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze: This is one of Lush’s hair treatments and one of my most favourite Lush products. First, it smells BEAUTIFUL. If you like the smell of jasmine, definitely check this out! The smell lingers forever and it’s just wonderful. I’ve been having some hair issues ever since being on/ coming off Accutane and I decided it was time to bring JAHFE back into my life. Yes, that was me justifying it because it is a more pricey product but it makes my hair feel super soft and I personally love how the henna brings out the red in my hair. This is a product you put in your hair before hopping into the shower, and let it sit for 20 minutes or so before washing it out. If you’re interested in ordering Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze or just want more information, you can check it out on Lush’s website HERE!
2. Roots: Aside from JAHFE, Roots is my other favourite of Lush’s pre-shampoo hair treatments. If you’d like to hear my thoughts on all the hair treatments I’ve tried, there’s a whole post HERE! While I use JAHFE for the length of my hair, I like using Roots for… you guessed it, the roots. Even though it’s a product intended for people who have hair on the thin side (which I do not), this is one of my most repurchased Lush products. I have a dry, angry, congested scalp and this product helps sooth and clean things up. The main ingredient is peppermint which is not only great for my scalp issues, but promotes hair growth and is super soothing if you suffer from migraines like me! This particular container of it is actually one I got for my brother since he has similar issues to me, but worse because his hair is 3x as thick! He didn’t end up using it all before it expired so I helped take care of that… and I got the black pot back for myself too 😉 . Roots is available online, HERE.
3. Retread: I’ve had such an ongoing love/ hate relationship with Retread, I can’t even tell ya! We’re mostly in the love phase of our relationship now because I have two Lush shampoos on the go and I had to repurchase another one of these to use them with! Retread is Lush’s thickest conditioner and although I find it tricky to get the right ratio of product so my hair is moisturized but not weighed down, I go back to it time and time again. If you’d like to read more about all the shampoo/ conditioners that I’ve tried, they’re available HERE. For more information on Retread, definitely check it out on Lush’s website!
4. Let The Good Times Roll: This is one of Lush’s clay cleansers (I’ve tried them all and talked about it in a post you can find HERE) and I’m a big fan of this one. I actually grabbed this container of it at the Lush in West Edmonton Mall (the haul from that is available HERE)! It’s a great mid-range when it comes to Lush’s clay cleansers and the option for all skin types. I personally love the smell (like yummy baking with a bit of popcorn mixed in!) and it provides a good amount of exfoliation without being too harsh. I would definitely repurchase it again! You can read more about LTGTR on Lush’s website.
5. Brazened Honey: This is the face mask I got last time! It’s not my favourite scent but I love that it has the exfoliating bits in it that most of the other fresh face masks don’t. I’m a big fan of honey and it does all sorts of great stuff for the skin. Definitely worth checking out if you have congested skin!
I exchanged these five black pots for this face mask:
Cosmetic Warrior: This is the first face mask I ever tried from Lush and the one I’ve repurchased (or… re-traded in for) the most. It smells gross (like probably the least enjoyable Lush smell) with garlic and tea tree and all sorts of strong smelling things… but it is also the one I feel works best. My skin has been throwing a bit of a hissy fit since the weather has changed and pretty much all my acne triggers are going at once so I picked this guy to help calm my skin down in a more natural way. After I wash it off, my skin feels so clean and soothed and so this mask will always be something I keep reaching for! If you struggle with your skin and feel this might be a good fit for you, definitely check this mask out!
Thanks so much for reading this post! Have you picked up any Lush products lately? I’d love to hear from you!