Wednesday, September 7th, 2016: Five things that bring you joy.
Even though this was a pretty easy post, I did one very similar quite recently (which you can check out HERE) so I was stumped with how to do another one without essentially saying the same things. So we’re gonna do an Instagram based one… Because after all….
1. Instagram. I mean really, the core four social media for me (Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, and Twitter) all bring me a certain degree of joy but there’s somethings special about the ol’ IG. I’ve tried to keep a colour gradient based theme which makes it as much of a game or a challenge as it is a photo sharing platform… With pictures in my photo roll still waited to be posted (I’ve got some from February 9th but they just haven’t fit yet. But soon). I know, I know… I have a problem. But it still brings me joy. I love that it is essentially a scrapbook where I can archive all these little (or big!) meaningful things to me.
2. Having my nails painted. Ever since I started high school I fell in love with having my nails painted. In 2012 I started getting acrylics put on and I documented every time I got them filled/ redone/ colour changed until I took them off at the beginning of 2016. Since then I’ve been enjoying painting my own nails and growing my nail polish collection as well as honing my skills at painting them. Also, I feel naked without having my toes painted!
3. Mugs. Do I need more mugs? No. Will I likely drink a hot beverage out of the mug? No. Is there room for more mugs in the cabinet? No. But will I buy it? Absolutely. I have an embarrassing number of mugs, a couple get filled with tea every so often, some hold pencil crayons, more hold space on my shelves. Drinkware just gets me all a flutter.
4. Quotes. One of the first posts I wrote on this blog was about my love for quotes. The majority of my Tumblr Archice and bedroom walls are plastered with them. There is just something about the way words can be combined in a certain way can change the way you look at something or make you feel a certain way. I screenshot them and collect them and hoard then. You can quote me on that.
5. Concerts. I went to my first concert at 19 and have been hooked ever since. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of singing along to songs with hundreds/ thousands of people AND the person whose name comes up on your iPod when you listen to it on the way to school or alone in bed at night. I truly believe it’s a form of magic in our world.
Thanks so much for reading this post! What things bring you joy? For more pictures like this you can check out my Instagram, HERE! I hope you’re having a great week so far!