Today’s Prompt: What’s on your to-read list and what have you recently read?
As I talked about in an earlier post, I’ve always been a big reader and have always loved reading. This later turned into my love of writing and informed my decision to become an English Major in University.
With that direction in my post-secondary education I always have a long list of things to read each semester, which often puts my casual “for-fun” reading on hold.
Since September, the books I have read are:
- Obasan by Joy Kogawa
- Swamp Angel by Ethel Wilson
- Running in the Family by Michael Ondaatje
- Meatless Days by Sara Suleri Goodyear
- Shame by Salman Rushdie
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virgina Woolf
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
My to-read list includes:
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
- A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
- A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin
- A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin
I mostly read on Kobo and Kindle apps so my bookshelf in real life isn’t as packed as it should be (I wish I could inspire bookshelf envy!). I always love book recommendations, so please send them my way if you have any!
If you would like to learn more about any of these books or to see more that I have read, you can find me on Goodreads!
Thanks so much for reading this post!