2016 was a freaking brutal year. I think everyone had a rough time and I definitely had a lot of difficulties and really struggled with some mental health issues. The world went through some big changes and lost some really special people. But some really amazing things happened too! You can find a lot of lists like this one, highlighting movies and TV shows (Stranger Things!) as well as world events that made 2016 a little less horrible.
Here is a list of the amazing things that happened in my life, personally. Even though it was a really hard year, I got to spend a lot of time with the people in my life whom I love the most! I am so thankful for all the amazing experiences I had and am so excited to see what 2017 has in store!
I didn’t include many TV shows and movies (that were pretty awesome and a pretty crucial part of my sanity for this year) because then we’d be here forever. Plus I’ve talked about them on previous posts.
These are in (roughly) chronological order and some pictures are pretty bad quality but hey, you get the idea 😉
1. I saw Vance Joy for the second time (first time as a headliner!)!
2. I met Lights!
3. I accidentally stumbled across the filming of the season three finale of The 100 on my way to school.
5. Erica and I won three Dagne Dover classic collection bags each!! I went and bought the fourth by myself because I’m obnoxious and wanted the full collection. I wrote a “What’s In My Bag” blog post where you can see one of them in action!
6. There was a Roll Up The Rim game and I got kind of addicted. Even though I never won haha.
7. The official Archie Comics Instagram followed me!
8. Starbucks released a Cherry Blossom Frappucino. Only in the States… but I managed to get one!
9. Michael Grant, author of one of my favourite book series, followed me on Twitter!
10. Digimon Tri Part 2 (Determination) aired!!
11. I went to the Marianas Trench concert with Erica!
12. My brother and I went on a soft pretzel run for National Pretzel Day!
13. I spent a few days with one of my best friends! We moved her and her boyfriend in their first place together, went to go see Snow White and the Huntsman 2 (after renting the first one), and they treated me to an early birthday dinner!
14. I turned 25!
15. I decorated my own suitcase! It was something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and I’m really happy with how it turned out. You can check out my post about it HERE.
16. I travelled to Hartford, Connecticut! I did a photo-an-hour post for the journey there if you’d like to check it out!
17. I got to see the musical adaptation of Anastasia (twice!) before it comes to Broadway in Spring 2017! You can read my experience post leading up to the musical HERE and a full summary/ review HERE! 🙂
18. My mom surprised me with new cushions (some she made herself!) for my bed!
Shoutout to @ericayvonne_ for letting me use her phone to take my obligatory concert photos/ video when I was dumb and forgot my phone… So even if @carlyraejepsen called me (maybe)… I wouldn’t have been able to answer because I didn’t have my phone. ☎️ #carlyraejepsen #callmemaybe #adriannathisistheworstcaptionever
Tonight, I let you drive. You can take me all the way. We’re like Bonnie and Clyde making off with Mary Jane. Even God don’t know where we’re goin’, and I sure as hell don’t care. ‘Cause if you and I could stay this high with heaven in our headlights, I swear that we can make it anywhere. ♡ #heaveninourheadlights #hedley
20. I saw The Lumineers in concert! It was an outdoors show and was POURING rain… it was the most memorable magical concert experience I’ve ever had!
21. I filmed (on Canada Day) a video finally addressing Essential Tremor. The overwhelmingly positive response blew me away! You can watch that HERE if you like.
22. My best friend accompanied me on a weird adventure thing through a pretty weird part of Vancouver that I had to do for school. This was not “really freaking awesome” as it kind of sucked and further emphasized my lack of sense of direction… but we saw a part of Vancouver that I’ve never been too which was cool. Thanks man. I’m glad we made it out alive.
24. Erica spent her 25th birthday with me!
Happy birthday to my best friend! ??❤️? I am so very thankful for you every single day and am honoured to be spending your 25th birthday with you! I hope the next 365 days are filled with the most incredible memories and I can’t wait to witness all the wonderful things that will happen for you! Now let’s go down and start icing so you can have a birthday cake in the last ten minutes of your day! Love you, lobster! ❤️ #heterosexuallifepartner #isayallthisasifyourenotsittingacrosstheroomfromme
25. We went to see Broods! Also I kind of got out of a final exam to go… which involved getting a doctors letter and an appeal. But that’s another story.
26. I got to spend two weeks in my happy place!!
27. My parents helped me build a nail polish rack!
28. I went to Cultus Lake Waterslides!
29. They opened a new soft pretzel place closer to where I live!
31. My best friend came to stay with me for her birthday, the Keith Urban concert, and general good time shenanigans! I blogged the first day, which you can check out HERE 🙂
32. Oh… and we were in a music video!
Last weekend I got to spend three days with my best friend, @al3xithymia, shopping, concerting, eating pretzels, getting lost, (kind of) going to Science World and then ending our annual hangout by getting presents from @mtrenchofficial and participating in the filming of their #whodoyoulove music video! Who do I love? Miss Rhea Emily (with all my heart! ?) and I hope she had a great birthday weekend! #marianastrench #vancouver #latergram
33. We went camping in Seattle. Also to Lincoln Park (a big moment for the OPI nail polish loser I am… even if it wasn’t after dark).
34. While in Seattle I SAW THE ENGLISH DUB VERSION OF DIGIMON TRI PART 1!!!!!!! IN THEATRES!!!!!!! You can see a quick vlog of the whole trip HERE!
35. I won a $100 gift card to a local boutique!
They say good things come in 3’s & as you might have noticed this week we opened our third Hunni’s! To celebrate all the crazy goodness we are going to be giving away 15 $100 gift cards – 5 for each of our locations! All you have to do to enter is FOLLOW US & REGRAM this photo with the hashtag #hunnisthree ✔️ Be sure to say which location (Langley, Richmond or Coquitlam) you would like the gift card for in your post! The winners will be announced the evening of Sunday, October 30th, happy sharing ??? #hunnistyle
Tiiiiiiimes up! Thank you to everyone who took part in our #hunnisthree contest – we still can’t believe we have not only 2, but 3 locations! As promised here our 15 lucky winners of the $100 gift cards (5 for each location). Much love, Hunni’s ? Langley: @asytaa, @ourtinykin, @_kgannon, Cara Bagry & Shelby Koop Coquitlam: @angegurns, @samihayles, @adriannamaryanne, Kate Elliot & Ally Faber Richmond: @relh86, @jessgraham, @emmaschelley, Carly Osterreicher, Jennifer Turner To collect your prize please come to the location which you’ve won it from with a piece of ID!
36. Digimon Tri Part 3 (Confession) aired!
37. Erica and I went to a football game…. and I had cotton candy :))))
38. My best friend came to stay for the weekend! We were going to go to a concert (it got postponed) but we had fun anyway!
39. I cleared my skin! You can check out my Accutane Journey HERE 🙂
#facetofacefriday: I know this is generally a weight loss related hashtag… But I felt it fit more than #transformationtuesday or something like that. Plus it’s not Tuesday. But… I needed to use a hashtag like that because I’m obnoxious haha. Anyway, at the beginning of this year, one of my goals was to post a ‘before and after’ post on Instagram… Again, more on the weight loss side of things. 2016 had other plans for me and within the first three months my life had been completely upended and I was struggling with, well, everything. In March I went to see a dermatologist and I was prescribed Accutane. This was something I had always refused to do because I had heard all the horror stories and knew some of the terrifying side effects. Even though I’ve dealt with acne for over 12 years I felt it wasn’t worth it… Until this year because I just really needed a win. And nine months later I think I got it. The picture on the left was taken on March 22nd 2016, the day I started Accutane. On the right is yesterday, the day I finished. Even if it’s not quite what I expected, here’s my 2016 #beforeandafter. Thank you so much to everyone who supported me through this journey (from check ins with @al3xithymia to @ericayvonne_ filtering the heck out of our pictures to hide the hot mess that Accutane was turning my face into)… Because as cheesy as it is to use #accutanejourney… It truly was one. Even though I apparently don’t have a problem with posting super unflattering pictures and spilling my guts on YouTube or my blog, doing so on Instagram was quite the internal struggle for me… But here we are! I’ve been posting monthly (ish) updates on ehdreeahnah.com if you want to check out the process and I’ll have the final(!!!!!) one up on the 22nd. Thanks for reading this super long caption… If you’ve gotten to this point, you’re a star! ☺️⭐️
40. It snowed!!!!!!
41. Christmas (mostly illustrated through food because thats who I am)!
42. Wearing my Christmas onesie
43. My second Sephora makeover and Enchant Christmas!
44. Bringing in the New Year with my best friend!
45. Another year with my blog! Thank you so much to everyone who reads my posts and has supported me!
Thanks so much for reading this post! We made it out from 2016 alive and one of the things I learned was to appreciate the little things and find joy wherever I can. What was the highlight of your year? I’d love to hear from you!