The majority of posts on here are either really serious or really long. Often they’re both. For this one I decided to do something short and sweet! The first prompt in the 365 Blog Post Ideas is: “Share 10 things about yourself”. So here we go!
- I have a Sims family that started off just as Sim versions of me, my parents, my brothers and my dog. Now it spans six generations and over 350 Sims.
- Once I memorized a TV commercial as part of earning a Girl Guide badge. As a result I can still recite that Barbie commercial from 2002 verbatim.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.
- We weren’t allowed video games as kids (until my brothers got a Gamecube when I was sixteen) but we were hardcore with the educational computer games. Reader Rabbit and Cluefinders were favourites (CF 3rd grade had the BEST soundtrack). I memorized all of level one on Carmen Santiago: Think Quick and it got so bad that my brothers would warn my friends not to play with me because they would lose miserably. Thanks to that game I was the only one in my first post-secondary history class who knew that Betsey Ross made the first American flag. Knowledge is power, everyone.
- When I was five my youngest brother was born and I was so devastated that I wasn’t getting a sister, so my parents let me pick his middle name. He is middle-named after Babar’s youngest son, Alexander, because that’s what I had watched on TV that morning.
- Anastasia is my favourite animated movie and I can say the lines along with the movie from start to finish. I used to watch it on a little TV that I kept in my closet every day after school.
- I hate potatoes and all the forms and shapes they come in.
- In grade nine I learned how to say “your mom” in sixteen languages mostly by asking different people at school who were bilingual.
- My mom is from Ireland so we spoke a couple Irish Gaelic phrases. These translate to “be quiet”, “close you mouth”, “close the door”, and “mind your own business”. Oh, and my addition of “your mom”.
- Not including airports, I have been to 20 US States (it will be 21 in May!) but only two Canadian provinces. I am a terrible, terrible Canadian.
Thanks for reading this quick post! What are some fun facts about you? I’d love to hear them! 🙂