A couple years ago I posted my first Sims 2 video just for fun. It now (somehow) has almost 50,000 views and has started a little series that now brings in a large percentage of my blog visitors. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, you can find the low-down HERE!
If you’ve seen any of my Sims 2 videos or read any of the blog posts, you’ll know that I am very serious about and dedicated to my one family, which I meticulously keep track of. Throughout the years I have gotten a bit bored of the super serious family from time to time and would have little side-sims where I would play…. without rules. If you keep watching my Sims Family Tree series, you’ll meet the results of these trysts as they marry into the family (let’s just say the Grim Reaper has spawned a few children throughout the years). However, with my aged, decrepit 2007 Windows Vista desktop computer, it has become less than pleasant to boot up the old beast and play around with Sims.
When Sims 4 was released, I bought it on a whim because while I never got into Sims 3 (that was my brother’s turf), I wanted to try a new version of Sims. Quickly, I discovered that Sims 4 did not mesh well with my general style of playing so I didn’t touch it for a couple years.
One weekend, I had a friend over whom I used to play Sims with back in the day. Instead of making ourselves on good ol’ Sims 2, we decided to try it out on Sims 4. Then, I decided to install it on my laptop. It was either the greatest idea or the worst mistake ever.
It was amazing to be able to play Sims “on the go”, as I’ve only ever been able to play it at my desk in my bedroom (or our family rec room, back in the early days) and it made ferry rides and breaks in between classes pass by in a flash (and drained my MacBook battery just as fast, but we won’t dwell on that).
On one of these post-ferry visits to my friend’s house, we decided to play Sims 4 together on my laptop. We made ourselves (our usual M.O.) and decided we would try and seduce as many Sims as possible. This turned into trying to have as many babies as possible.
Turns out, this messy idea is an actual thing called “The 100 Baby Challenge” which you can find HERE. There are a bunch of rules and other things to complicate it, but essentially the name of the game is to have one-hundred babies by all different fathers in as few generations as possible.
I decided to start a new game with just one Sim (as it was tricky to have two female Sims and their offspring all in one 8-Sim-lot), and do my own version of the challenge. I’m going to be up front and say I don’t follow the majority of the rules, but I’m not trying to “win” anything, it’s just fun to play the game with no real consequence, unlike my very serious Sims 2 family.
I am now nearing the end of my third generation and realized that the in-game family tree is no longer saving everyone, and now blanks out people once they’re a couple generations in the past (Sims 2 WOULD NEVER!). This might be because I play other people in the neighbourhood (the auto-aging for other households is WILD for me as a Sims 2 player, and while it would not work for my style of serious play, it’s fun for this way) and there are A LOT of Sims in my game but…. it’s sad nonetheless.
SO! The point of this post is to kind of document my family tree, but not in the serious way I do for Sims 2… just so I can keep track of my Sims once the game no longer does.
**My one “rule” for my family is that the children have to be named after their father in some way.
Matriarch: Audrey Love (18 kids)
Here’s an accidental snapshot I took of her while trying to activate the cheat function (I already said I don’t play by the rules, man… and sometimes you just gotta “Cheat Need” > “Make Happy”).
The family tree no longer remembers her or her kids but she had 18. One was Dawn, whose father was Don Lothario, Johnathan whose father was Johnny Zest, and Darla, whose father was a randomly generated townie named Darwin (…something, I don’t remember… it was years ago, man!)
Heir # 1: Darla Love (22 kids)
Darla was one of Audrey’s last kids. She had twins after Darla but I don’t remember their names and they didn’t really luck out on the genetics so I chose Darla instead (plus I liked the name better haha). I don’t have any accidental snapshots of her but she had those blonde wavy pigtails from the base game and wore yellow for everything. She had 22 kids, who are also no longer available in the family tree (Darla is the grey shadowy face in the family tree picture).
Some of the kids I remember are Marigold (father: Talon Golden who was a randomly generated townie but I remember his name because… it’s a sick name haha), Brett (Brent Hong’s son), Beryl (Errol Dowd’s daughter), and Paloma (Marquise Palumbo’s* daughter).
Heir #2: Paloma Love (31 kids)
Guess who figured out that there’s a lot trait for twins?! . Her children are:
- Hana (daughter of Rohan Elderberry)
- Annie and Lian (twin daughters of Ian Stem)
- Vel (son of Ernesto Veleta…. not proud of this name haha)
- Tia (daughter of Jay Bhatia)
- Lilo (daughter of Li Loh)
- Orchid (daughter of Royal Orchid)
- Fern (daughter of Leaf Walkingfern)
- Daniel and Miller (twin sons of Danny Shino-Miller)
- Bo and Haddie (boy/ girl twins of Chad LeBouf)
- Iago (son of Diego Lobo)
- Tristan (daughter of Tristen Palmer)*
- Bailey (son of Kit Bae)*
- Finley and Bennett (twin sons of a townie named Bennett Finley)*
- Rowan and Rue (twin daughters of a townie named Rowan Broussard)*
- Charlotte (daughter of Charlie Francis)*
- Grey (son of a townie named Greyson Carrier)*
- Corey and Ellie (boy/ girl twins of a townie named… and I kid you not… Elijah Corona)*
- Tahlia (daughter of Tahu Ka’aka’aka)*
- Kala and Hauk (girl/ boy twins of Paka’a Uha… lol this was a hard one)*
- Lea (daughter of an alien I downloaded from the gallery named Wei Lee)*
- Enzo (son of Chuck Cenzo)
- Erica (daughter of Eric Lewis)
- Christopher (son of Christian Harp)
- Isobel (daughter of Izzy Fabulous)
*indicates Sims that show up in the above family tree image.
Heir #3: Isobel Love (25 kids so far)
- Ben and Cory (twin sons of Corbin Thorn)
- Jordan (son of Jordon Ranches)
- Iris and Milo (girl/ boy twins of Otis Escpbedo)
- Michaela and Purdue (girl/ boy twins of Michael Purdue)
- Nox (son of Knox Greenburg)
- Jada and Siena (twin daughters of JC Putnam)
- Harper (daughter of Cole Harp)
- Chord and Cordelia (boy/ girl twins of Kev Chorduroy)
- Rudolph (son of Clement Frost)
- Remy (daughter of Rémy St. Feu)
- Raye and Ethan (girl/ boy twins of Ethren Reyes)
- Sora (daughter of Soren Hansen)
- Dillon (son off Dillin Derito)
- Riel and Gabriella (boy/girl twins of Gabriel Craft)
- Mattie (daughter of Matteo Hamilton)
- Kio and Luis (twin sons of Louis Vecchio)
- Boyd (Son of David Boyd)
- Romeo (Son of Brennan Romano)
TOTAL BABY COUNT: 95
I’ll update this post as I move onto the next generation and maybe add pictures of some of my favourite Sims. Aside from whoever becomes the matriarch, all the kids born into the family move out to live with their dads when they age up into teenagers. I make sure everyone gets married and has a somewhat normal family since they came from… well, chaos haha. These side families progress through generations way faster than the main household which is probably why my game won’t save the whole family tree anymore… it would be pretty expansive and I incorporate the families that come with the towns and some (mostly Maxis made) Sims from the Gallery.
If you have any questions about my Sims game, please let me know and I’ll do my best to answer!
Thanks so much for checking out this post!